Global Procurement - Consulting Strategy Category, Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Global Procurement - Consulting Category Strategy Vice President lead to help drive our Management and IT Consulting Procurement strategy, transformation initiatives, and implementation plans to ensure the businesses have the most cost effective and optimal services where needed. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As the Consulting Strategy Category, Vice President, you will:
What we value
- Develop category strategies, financial models, and implementation plans for Consulting suppliers to optimize our purchasing power in this important category of third-party spend
- Lead complex negotiations with Consulting to reduce the expense base and improve service capabilities and location strategy (offshore/near-shore); ability to balance business needs with cost efficiencies
- Partner with business lines to understand their resource strategy and forecast in order to anticipate and meet their Consulting resource needs and how to source them most effectively
- Help businesses optimize their spend by analyzing and eliminating unnecessary demand, vetting and utilizing lower cost alternatives
- Research and leverage marketplace best practices and industry benchmarking data to identify new opportunitie
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience developing strategies, project plans, and leading negotiations to bring in cost savings and other benefits
- Tenacity and will to win to overcome obstacles with negotiations and implementation plans
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (Powerpoint, Email, etc for senior level audiences)
- Excellent analytical skills with data analysis, insights, and recommendations to help drive cost saves; proficiency in excel
About State Street: What we do.
- 7+ years' relevant Procurement experience
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers