IT Senior Technical Disaster Recovery / Risk Analyst
Who we are looking for
What you will be responsible for
- A Technical DR / Risk Analyst in Quincy MA to support our implementation of Continuity Software's Availability Guard (AG) software. Must have experience in both software configuration and management as well as research and analysis of hardware issues and remediation. This role requires both competencies. Must have experience working with multiple vendors for support of the Availability Guard software. Position requires working on occasional weekends to implement projects and provide support as needed
As IT Senior Technical DR/Risk you will
What we value
- Gain in depth understanding of SSC's hardware environment and architecture
- Gain in depth knowledge of vendor's software capabilities and configuration options
- Support the SSC App Owner in finding and developing opportunities to leverage SSC's investment in the AG software.
- Have overall responsibility to write and maintain an Application Support Document (ASD) documenting all aspects of the software implementation and maintenance.
- Serve as a point of contact with the software vendor's support team to remediate software bugs and enhancement requests
- Serve as a technical liaison with SSC's in-house and vendor support teams to facilitate understanding of the AG data output and remediation steps needed.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of highly available and fully redundant environments leveraging hardware or software based solution architectures
- Highly knowledgeable in system architecture, open systems, virtualization, clustering technology, data replication, high availability/disaster recovery designs and all facets of data center design
- Experience in the installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of RHEL, Solaris & AIX day-to-day system admin tasks.
- Thorough understanding of fundamentals of kernel and file system concepts.
- Experience in installation, configuration, file system management and RAID volume management through Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) & Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) including Storage Foundation for Oracle/RAC (SFRAC) for failover and redundancy
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting various networking, hardware & Linux/UNIX server's service issues and performing preventive maintenance.
- Experience in writing and modifying shell scripts for process automation of systems, applications, backups
- 3+ years experience with Continuity Software's Availability Guard software
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as PowerShell, Visual Basic, C#, C++, Java and or Python
- Administrative Knowledge of Open Systems platforms and operating systems
- 10+ years professional experience
- Excellent oral and technical writing communication skills
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.