Who we are looking for
The targeted product is a sophisticated reference system built with Java and modern data solutions. The platform is expanding both vertically with new features and also horizontally across different business areas. We will create micro services on Kubernetes/cloud environment and utilize test driven development.
The ideal candidate is a Java developer with excellent J2EE and database development knowledge and experience, also with strong communicate skill What you will be responsible for
As Application Development/Maintenance you will
What we value
- Work closely with internal product teams and be capable of spanning Java, Python and SQL technologies
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced (agile) environment similar to a start-up company
- Gain knowledge and get up to speed quickly on all team assignments and obtain information about both business and technical requirement.
- Participate in all team agile-related activities; including but not limited to daily stand-up, sprint planning and re-cap
- Contributing to the project development, testing and support activities
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good knowledge and experience with core java 8/9 and JEE technologies such as concurrency, JDBC etc.
- Strong skills with Object Oriented design and code refactoring.
- Good knowledge and experience with data modeling and database development (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Strong communication skills and work ethics.
- Passionate about professional software development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related subject
- 6+ Year working experience
- Java, concurrency/multi-thread program, SQL, big data.
- Bash, python would be plus.
This is a hands-on developer positions within a small elite development team that moves very fast.
Among all technical skills, core java knowledge and experience as well as OO design skills is most important. Any experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a huge plus.
Knowledge and experience with messaging, NoSQL databases is a huge plus.
Financial industry knowledge is also a big plus. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers