Quality Assurance Section Manager
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS Investment Management's Quincy,MA office is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Section Manager. In this role, you will manage the daily operations of the Quality Assurance Processing team and routine Human Resources processes consisting of hiring, career development, staffing issues and training. Ensures accurate and timely transaction resolution occurs. The incumbent will also play a key part in integrating the use of new systems and processes to the Quality Assurance processing team. The Section Manager will ensure the timely elevation of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should they arise and this role will require multi-tasking in support of MFS"s Global Distribution teams. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operations and tasks for the Quality Assurance processing team while performing tasks when necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Resolve daily work issues and escalate more complex issues to their Supervisor.
- Coach and develop employees to achieve department quality and productivity standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert concerning quality assurance process and related tasks.
- Assist with complex and/or sensitive data research and processing issues while balancing business partner expectations with documented processes.
- Generate department reports and participate in projects that impact department.
- Ensure compliance with all MFS policies and procedures and assist with the development of procedures.
- Ensure timely communication of pertinent information by conducting regular staff meetings.
- Assist with career development; write and conduct performance appraisals; recommend promotions and conduct interviews.
- Interact with own department and others to facilitate problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years or associates degree and five years of mutual fund related experience, quality assurance or quality control experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated competency to manage and maintain day to day operations specific to a functional team.
- Must ensure the timely elevation of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should they arise.
- May require multi-tasking in support of interdependent operating teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience with NQR standards and practices is desired.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."