Quality Engineer - Automation
Looking for Test Automation Engineer working in an Agile environment to test functional, backend, and UI development for our Data Platforms. The position requires the development of test automation scripts for State Street's existing and next generation Data Platforms based on Oracle, MYSQL, Snowflake, S3 & more. This position requires collaboration with the entire Agile team of Product owners, development, and test engineers. A good understanding of ETL tools and experience in public cloud technologies is preferred. What you will be responsible for:
Experience required in:
- Develop and maintain automation plans, frameworks, scripts, and metrics for functional, integration and regression testing; Run daily regression suits, analyze results and debug failures.
- Participation in design reviews, enhancement requests, and requirement completeness.
- Learn product/applications under test and to become an SME of the application.
- Defect management oversight by providing timely defect reporting, safekeeping and tracking through defect-life-cycle; collect and effectively communicate test automation execution metrics; participate in daily stand-up, iteration planning, product demos and retrospective meetings.
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related experience.
- Minimum 4 years of test automation experience with strong Java & SQL skills.
- Working well with on and off-shore team members in Agile environment.
- Good working knowledge and skills in databases.
- Experience working in public Cloud environments like Azure/AWS
- Good understanding of cloud-based environments, Azure, Cucumber, TestNg, Appian, Snowflake, Kafka, GITHUB, API testing, Microservices and Non-SQL Data bases.
- Data enhancement/modeling experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices.