Sales Proposal Specialist, Senior Associate
State Street's Sector Solutions Americas Request for Proposal (RFP) team is in search of a Proposal Manager to play an integral role in business development and client service efforts through the completion of RFPs and Due Diligence requests. No previous RFP experience is required. This role will suit a candidate with strong writing skills; experience of managing projects; and some knowledge and experience in the asset servicing industry. The Proposal Manager will be trained to manage the completion of questionnaires, specializing in editing and writing and proof-reading compelling responses. In this position, the Proposal Manager will work directly with the firm's Deal Leads and Content Owners to create and customize written content for specific sales situations. We are open to allowing some workplace flexibility in this role. Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management of detailed client proposals, due diligence questionnaires and consultant questionnaires related to asset servicing products, including amongst others; global custody, accounting, administration, risk, performance, compliance, client servicing, technology and reporting. Primary focus will be on customizing and ensuring that the RFPs which are deemed transformative, strategic and value add are positioned to highlight State Street's commitment to clients' services and needs.
- Manage the response process from kick-off meeting to dispatch of final response documents, ensuring milestones and deadlines are met.
- Maintain consistent product messaging and updated product language in responses.
- Leverage writing expertise to work with Deal Leads and Content Owners to ensure accurate, consistent and compelling content. Ensure that the competitive advantages of the company and our products come across strongly in RFPs.
- Customize RFP responses to reflect a nuanced and targeted response to the specific sales opportunity.
- Assist with the 4-eye review of documentation produced by colleagues.
- Assist the Content Management Team in the on-going enhancement and maintenance of the Lexicon RFP database (Qvidian) as needed.
- Ensure adherence to the formal RFP production, back-up and review process within the given client deadline.
- Handle follow-up work associated with RFPs moving to the next phase: coordinating answers, additional information, etc.
- Oversee production of final proposals (formatting, technical editing and reproduction).
- Field ad-hoc questions from associates, advisors, and RFP generalists daily as needed.
- College education required.
- Excellent written English.
- Experience in the asset servicing industry.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and organizational skills; able to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks to ensure that complex projects are completed by deadline, with interim review steps incorporated.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a large global organization.
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment as well as the ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints.
- Interest in and ability to interact directly and effectively with Deal Leads, Relationship Managers and Subject Matter Experts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, and the ability to quickly learn internal systems and applications. Prior experience with Qvidian is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism