Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment the Section Manager will manage nonexempt level Client Service Representatives (as well as contract employees). This includes managing routine Human Resources processes consisting of hiring, career development, staffing issues and training. You will ensure the timely elevation of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should they arise. The role requires multi-tasking in support of interdependent operating teams.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and tasks for a work group while performing tasks when necessary to ensure deadlines are met. Uses department specific technology to perform supervisory tasks.
- Resolve daily work issues and escalates more complex issues to their Supervisor.
- Coach and develop employees to achieve department quality and productivity standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert concerning products serviced by the department.
- Assist with complex and/or sensitive customer service issues while balancing customer expectations with potential financial impact to MFS.
- Generate department reports and participates in projects that impact department.
- Ensures compliance with all MFS policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of procedures.
- Ensure timely communication of pertinent information by conducting regular staff meetings.
- Assist with career development; write and conduct performance appraisals; recommend rep promotions.
- Conduct interviews and make hiring decisions.
- Interact with own department and others to facilitate problem resolution.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of financial services experience or, in lieu of Bachelor's degree, six plus years of financial services experience.
- Demonstrated competency to manage and maintain day to day operations specific to a functional team of call center reps.
- Must ensure the timely elevation of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should they arise.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
MFS currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except employees who are entitled to an exemption from vaccination as an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."