Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Principal Software Quality Engineer Principal Software Quality Engineer USA-MA-Waltham-Third Ave/en-US/External/job/USA-MA-Waltham-Third-Ave/Principal-Software-Quality-Engineer_R0009198/apply
Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician and pharmacist editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing healthcare information technology business in the newly created position focusing on Quality Assurance and Testing as the Principal Software Quality Engineer. Reporting to the Clinical Effectiveness Business Transformation Director, you will play an important role in our transition to a new consolidated suite of business systems across all of Clinical Effectiveness. The Principal Software Quality Engineer will be responsible for a team of Software Quality Engineers and will be hands on developing a deep understanding of our business systems, the complex use cases to test them, and leading in the transformation from a manual testing first approach to an automated testing first approach. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone with a passion for quality and testing to help transform the business systems of a leading healthcare information technology company.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Guide, coach, and direct team members, and drive best practices throughout the organization.
- Direct line management responsibility for a team of Software Test Engineers both onshore and offshore.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; supports business reviews and other key communications.
- Own the development and execution of test plans and test cases for multiple systems and integrations based on requirements and throughput from design and specification reviews.
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, process, and other best practices to foster a culture of quality throughout the organization.
- Advocate for approaches that drive quality and ensure testability.
- Develop and maintain quality methodologies, systems, and practices.
- Establish project quality metrics to be consistently tracked, managed, and published. Adapt team processes to continually improve quality metrics and/or address issues.
- Establish framework and facilitate User Acceptance Testing with business stakeholders to support smooth rollout and adoption of system enhancements.
- Drive development of a set of automated tests to support new and existing functionality for all the CE business systems.
- Collaborate with product owners, business analysts, and stakeholders to clarify business rules, refine acceptance criteria, and ensure the overall quality of coverage for both our manual and automated test solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated tests within the automated test framework being used.
- Ensure reusability of test cases/scripts building a regression suite for future testing efforts.
- Ensure automated tests are written according to best practices such that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid as code evolves.
- Perform functional, integration, regression, end-to-end and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them in JIRA.
- Collaborate with solution architecture/development teams to determine release testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Participate in sprint activities including, daily scrums, grooming/sizing, planning, requirements gathering, story writing, and solution design sessions.
- Analyze project documents from a QA testing perspective, verifying accuracy and completeness. Must fully understand the business need/problem and the functional/technical solutions identified.
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies in the automated testing arena.
- Responsible for ensuring coverage of all quality assurance tasks across all Clinical Effectiveness Enterprise Business Systems.
- Provide system support and training as needed
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related field
- 7+ years of testing Enterprise Business Systems
- 5+ years of QA Automation experience (RedwoodHQ experience a plus)
- 5+ years of experience managing testing resources on complex transformation projects
- Experience with writing database queries and database level testing
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform
- Experience testing Order Management Systems (NetSuite is a plus)
- Experience testing Sales Cloud (SFDC Configure/Price/Quote tool is a plus)
- Strong analytical and communication skills with great attention to detail
- Technical and functional creativity to look beyond the application’s screen level capability to test thoroughly for a variety of use cases.
- Well-developed technical, managerial, operational skills, together with proven expertise in strategy, organizational design, and innovation.
- Prior experience working in a leadership role at a complex, matrixed, and diverse organization. A track record of exceptional leadership ability.
- Experience with Change Management methodologies desired
0 -- 5% All Locations:
USA-MA-Waltham-Third AvePosted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0009198
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Principal Software Quality Engineer