Capital Markets Core Processing AVP - Wealth Management Operations
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Capital Markets & Core Processing Operations (CMCP) aligns to the Capital Markets desk. This group supports the movement of client assets in and out of the firm, provides asset servicing for our clients as well as front to back trade support all the way through to clearance & settlement. Each group's primary focus is to provide quality service to their business partners and Financial Advisors while mitigating the Firm's risk and exposure. The areas that make up this group are: Trade Support (Equity, Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives, Foreign Exchange & Precious Metals), Settlements, Asset Servicing, and Account Transfers. In addition the teams support Consulting Group, Middle Markets and Choice Select.
Business Analysts responsible for managing databases, front end applications, downstream integrations, and data quality from a business perspective. You will be expected to take a leadership role in managing the development & implementation of new business processes, technology, architecture, and data controls. This will require interaction with many different levels (Analyst to Managing Director) and groups throughout the firm, including multiple Business Units and IT areas. You will be responsible for understanding and documenting business requirements, proposing solutions to meet the business needs, managing the implementation of the solution, weighing priorities, managing client expectations, and resolving any issues that might arise. Primary responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Work with multiple Business Departments and IT teams to capture requirements and help implement solutions.
- Liaise with business unit sponsors, stakeholders and IT partners on a regular basis to ensure communication of status and issues.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Ensure new business requirements are thoroughly vetted and signed off Qualifications: Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate with global users
- Strong customer/client relationship skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to quickly digest new information and learn new businesses and processes
- Ability to investigate a problem, determines root cause, and work with end users to solve their issues.
- Experience in Project Management #LI-FQ1