Cash Transaction Services & Screening - Firmwide Operations
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Payment control has primary responsibility of controlling all cash activities across the global Morgan Stanley franchise. The Division has a global presence with offices in New York, London, Glasgow, Baltimore, and Mumbai. Asia Payment Control Management team is located in Mumbai encompassing four functions: Cash Transaction Services, Treasury Trade Support and Liquidity Management, and incoming OFAC screening.
Background on the Team
The Cash Transaction Services team have oversight of payments booked within the Firm on behalf of clients as well as the Firm (proprietary business).
CTS acts as the last line of defense for the firm, in performing due diligence for payments being released to street providing a centralized and controlled environment.
The teams scope of work aims at independent Investigation and releasing payments initiated by Business Units and Liquidity management teams. The team aims at seamless and timely investigating payments raising exceptions and ensure payments going out of Morgan Stanley are in accurate and secure state and they are compliant against relevant policies and procedures.
Liaise with Business Units, AML, Legal and Risk teams to ensure payment exceptions are actioned in a timely manner to avoid payments failures. Partner with Liquidity management monitoring Intraday Liquidity and monitor cutoff times in all currencies for all business units and ensure that all valid payments are released prior to cutoff
Provide payment advice, conduct research, and investigate Business Unit queries for resolution
- The successful candidate will report directly into the Director (if Associate) managing one of the two teams. The primary tasks for the successful individual will include:
- Perform monitoring and exceptions processing of daily cash disbursement queue
- Communicate closely with Compliance department, Operations, and external Agent Banks during the day for investigation of issues and respond to phone / email inquiries
- Participate in initiatives and projects that improves efficiency of the process, enhances control and supports new businesses
- Able to track and produce metrics for management review
- Able to identify trends, propose and implement streamlining initiatives to improve processes Qualifications:
Competencies/skills specify required or desired
- Product knowledge: basic banking knowledge desired
- Language: English required
- PC skill: Excellent PC skills in data analysis and producing presentations.
- Independent self-starter and excellent team-player
- Good communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills are required
- Attention to details
- Ability to multi-task, priorities and manage daily workflow
- Flexibility to adapt and respond to client request in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work on public holidays.
Qualifications/experience specify required or desired
- University graduates in finance or other related disciplines
- Experience in Financial Services industry desired
- Experience in Operations desired