Client & Account Data Operations - Associate - Firmwide Operations
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
The SSBO Client & Account Data Operations (CADO), Account maintenance team is mainly responsible for:
- Managing the due diligence checks for in scope Firm and Client dormant accounts, follow up exception clearance with contact person in related Business Unit, FCG or Operations, and partner with account closure teams to close the accounts.
- Provide support to various time sensitive Regulatory and Firm initiated projects.
- Monitor and assign account ownerships for both in scope Firm and Client accounts, investigate root causes for the unowned accounts and propose ownership to appropriate parties.
- Produce metrics and reports.
The team has presence in both Baltimore and Mumbai.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Account ownership management (this includes unowned account daily monitoring and workload driver file preparation).
- Account ownership data maintenance (loadref account ownership changes and maintenance, regular sanity checks).
- Dormant accounts daily client request handling ServiceNow tickets.
- Dormant accounts daily monitoring and periodical clean up- proactive approach.
- Account review project support and ad hoc requests handling.
- Report and metrics production.
- Provide regional support to Account Reference Data team.
- Demonstrating strong communication skills through working extensively and building relationships with all stakeholder groups i.e. Business Units, FCG and various operations groups to pursue resolutions over exceptions and facilitate to resolve disputes on the account ownership. Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience/knowledge within an Operations related environment. They will be a confident analytical person with excellent oral and written communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Qualified at degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle volume spikes and prioritize work including ad-hoc requests and projects to meet business demands in a timely manner
- Ability to recognize potential risk issues and escalate/report on a timely basis;
- Adaptability and flexibility, ability to perform under pressure or in changing environment
- Outstanding attention to details and analytical ability
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Self-driven, capable of performing day-to-day activities with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to influence stakeholders and gain consensus across different groups