Corporate Services Metrics & Analytics Analyst
Are you a self-starter with strong quantitative skills who enjoys working with people in different parts of a global Firm to support workforce and location strategy decisions? Are you interested in bringing in different perspectives to help businesses determine the best locations to put their staff globally? Are you looking for a conducive environment to grow, develop, and put your great ideas to work? If so, this may be the role for you.
Our Real Estate & Location Strategy group is looking for an Analyst to join its Metrics & Analytics Team to support the Firm's workforce strategy, location business intelligence and analytics.
As a member of the Metrics& Analytics Team;
- You will develop financial models & business cases for workforce scenarios for divisions across the Firm
- You will work with internal MS business unit clients, Client Advisor, Research team, and Transition Management team by providing information to help business units develop their workforce strategy.
- You will work with team members in Real Estate on projects and other objectives.
- You will assist in the preparation of reports/ dashboards for multiple internal clients that depict outliers across locations, conduct cost analysis, chart industry trends & provide progress reports
- You will assist in the preparation and analysis of various reports for Senior Management
What's in it for you?
- A culture where team work is paramount, innovation, continuous improvement, growth as well as diversity and inclusion are embraced
- Working alongside the industry's best and brightest including colleagues across the Firm to coordinate the timing and execution of all Workforce Strategy moves across all divisions
- An opportunity to work with Senior Management including Regional heads; GIC heads Managers; Department heads; etc.
- Competitive pay, benefits, 401K match, and other perks
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Corporate Services is comprised of a vast array of business units that keep Morgan Stanley working efficiently and the Real Estate and Location Strategy team (RELS) is responsible for the Firm's Real Estate Strategy, Global Workplace & Design, Workforce Strategy & Business Intelligence. Qualifications:
Skills required (essential)
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- 1-2 years of analytics experience
- Excellent analytic, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative skills - ability to build and evaluate financial models
- Accuracy, excellent attention to detail, good organization skills are vital
- Very strong excel and powerpoint skills - Ability to extract, analyse, and present data in a meaningful way
- Demonstrated record of leadership
- Very good communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to escalate delays proactively
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Prior experience in a reporting function
- Financial Industry background
- Familiarity with common reporting platforms or BI tools (e.g. Tableau)
- VBA experience
- Familiarity with programming tools Structured Query Language (SQL), Python and R is a plus but not a requirement