Financial Planning Director - Greater Chesapeake
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, a global leader, provides access to a wide range of products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions, including brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, cash management and lending products and services, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust services.
The Morgan Stanley Financial Planning Director position offers a unique opportunity to work in a local office directly with Financial Advisors to provide financial planning advice and analysis to the firm's clients. This challenging role enables the Financial Planning Director to provide in-depth insight into the nuances of wealth planning and the innovative planning tools and resources that advisors utilize to deliver holistic advice to clients. As a Financial Planning Director, you will leverage your CFP or CPWA designation, as well as, relevant industry experience and expertise to assist advisors and their clients to clarify their long-term objectives and take the steps necessary to reach their goals.
Becoming a Financial Planning Director at Morgan Stanley will allow you to: Help Others Achieve Their Goals
- You can help others achieve their personal and financial goals and make a difference in their lives. Develop Industry Expertise-
In this role, you will continue to refine your skills and remain current with the ever changing financial services industry Build a Personally and Financially Rewarding Career
- You have the potential to grow your network within Morgan Stanley and leverage your skills to promote career mobility and advancement Job Responsibilities
Qualifications: Job Requirements
- Complete proprietary training in wealth planning disciplines, investment strategies, and product suitability
- Demonstrate expertise in cash flow analysis, investment strategy, retirement planning, income protection, asset protection, and tax strategies
- Collaborate effectively with local management team to prioritize financial planning engagements
- Assist Financial Advisors with helping their clients articulate their financial goals within the context of their investment strategy
- Facilitate business growth by driving client loyalty
- Work closely with other solutions specialists to incorporate sophisticated solutions into the client's financial picture
- Drive goals based wealth management strategy with Financial Advisors and their clients
- Deliver exemplary service and financial guidance to clients, including recommendation of suitable investments and proposed financial strategies
- Remain current with all CFP and/or CPWA continuing education requirements
- Comply with all regulatory requirements, including licensing and registrations.
Successful candidates will be able to incorporate superior time management skills, financial planning acumen, and strong communication skills to support the firm's clients in addressing a spectrum of financial and investment needs:
- Holder of a bachelor's degree and 5+ years professional experience in business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, finance or other business-related field
- Current holder of the CFP and/or CPWA designations
- Series 7, 66 licenses required
- Exemplary in communication, presentation, time-management and organizational skills
- Proficient at listening to client needs, and then be capable of skillful construction of tailored financial solutions.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions
- Successful completion of background check and pre-employment assessments
- Knowledge of Money Guide Pro preferred but not required
Our hiring procedure is a multistep process that can take four to six weeks to complete. Successful candidates can expect multiple interviews and assessments. All offers of employment are contingent on a background check.