Financial Planning Service Desk Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Planning Service Desk Manager will be responsible for assisting with the launch of and overseeing the daily operations of the Financial Planning Service Desk. The service desk employees will report directly to the service desk manager. In addition to managerial responsibilities, the manager will be a member of the service team.
The Financial Planning Service Desk will help Financial Advisors and Client Service Associates navigate Morgan Stanley's financial planning tools. Additionally, the role will require associates to aggregate feedback and identify, resolve, and escalate technical issues. The Financial Planning Service Desk manager will need to focus on achieving specific metrics and ensure the team delivers a high level of service to Financial Advisors.
This role will involve partnership with key financial planning stakeholders, including Financial Planning Directors, Financial Planning Product Team and the broader Business Development and Field Training organization. The desk manager will be encouraged to participate in and organize regular networking events and professional skill workshops for service desk employees. Financial Planning Service Desk Manager Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Financial Planning Service Desk Manager Requirements:
- Expert level ability to navigate Morgan Stanley's financial planning tools
- Ensure that Financial Advisors and their team's experience world class service
- Use service metrics to improve efficiency and productivity of the team
- Streamline processes for feedback aggregation and issue escalation / resolution
- Day-to-day management and ongoing development of the service desk employees
- Further Morgan Stanley's overall Financial Planning initiatives and Modern Wealth Management approach
- SIE, Series 7, & Series 66 licenses required
- Successful completion of series 9/10 or 24 exam(s) within six months required if not already completed
- CFP preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years+ of financial services experience or related industry preferred, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Service or training experience required
- Management experience preferred, but not required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage to specific service metrics
- Ability to streamline processes to ensure efficiency