Operational Risk & Reg Control - Customer Reserve/FOCUS Team Associate
This role will be part of the North America ORRC Customer Reserve & FOCUS Team, which regularly interacts with Senior Management of Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, and Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and senior managers across Operations, Technology, Finance and Compliance. The team is responsible for four (4) HIF functions.
This role will primarily be responsible for performing daily tasks associated with the review, validation, and/or substantiation of operational data impacting the 15c3-3 Customer Reserve Formula. This role will also contribute to the preparation of monthly calculations, and reporting related 15c3-1 Net Capital (FOCUS), and other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
In addition to performing daily and monthly functions and reviewing the work of, and developing, less experienced team members, the role would be expected to lead or contribute to working groups, and consistently review the team's current procedures with the purpose to identify and drive possible process improvements. This role has the potential to have individuals reporting under it, and is expected to assist with team administrative responsibilities, such as task/training scheduling.
The team's work is conducted in a team environment with various internal deadlines throughout the day and month; must be willing to ask questions of other team members/managers to ensure the team achieves its objectives. Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and applicable professional experience.
- 5+ years of related experience within Financial Services (focus on operational processes)
- Experience with operational risk disciplines; processes, risks and controls and familiarity with accounting systems/processes
- Strong leadership, and project management skills and ability to manage many competing priorities.
- Highly motivated individual with outstanding record of professional achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Fully versed in Microsoft Office suite, emphasis in Excel. - The role requires the successful candidate to either hold a Series 99 license or be willing to obtain the Series 99 license within 6 months from hiring.
- Candidate ideally has strong knowledge of various regulatory rules: such as SEC Rule 15c3-3, SEC Rule 15c3-1, etc.
- Prior experience in operational risk, modelling or information technology, or broad array of regulatory operations issues
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint