Operational Risk & Reg Control - Customer Reserve/FOCUS Team Associate
This role will be part of the North America Operations Risk Regulatory Control (ORRC) Customer Reserve & FOCUS Team, which regularly interacts with Senior Management of Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, and Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and senior managers across Operations, Technology, Finance and Compliance. The team is responsible for four (4) high impact functions (HIF).
This role will primarily be responsible for performing daily tasks associated with the review, validation, and/or substantiation of operational data impacting the 15c3-3 Customer Reserve Formula. This role will also contribute to the preparation of monthly calculations, and reporting related 15c3-1 Net Capital and 17a-5 (FOCUS) reporting, and other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
The team's work is conducted in a dynamic team environment with various internal deadlines throughout the day and month; must be willing to ask questions of other team members/managers to ensure the team achieves its objectives within a fast paced environment. Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and applicable professional experience.
- 3+ years of related experience within Financial Services (focus on operational processes)
- Experience with operational risk disciplines; processes, risks and controls and familiarity with accounting systems/processes
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and meet daily deadlines
- Highly motivated individual with outstanding record of professional achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Fully versed in Microsoft Office suite, emphasis in Excel.
- Candidate ideally has strong knowledge of various financial responsibility regulatory rules: such as SEC Rule 15c3-3, SEC Rule 15c3-1, SEC Rule 17a-5 etc.
- Prior experience in operational risk, modelling or information technology, or broad array of regulatory operations issues
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint