Product Reference Data Services Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Product Reference Data Services team is part of Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO). Morgan Stanley Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into 10 core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines are Data Management, Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments, Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
SSBO offers firm-wide operational solutions that achieve best value for the firm. We foster an atmosphere where innovation and process excellence are encouraged; we have a footprint which maximizes the use of our operations experts globally; we provide rewarding career choices and opportunities to train and develop people.
Product Reference Data Services is responsible for the set up and maintenance of security reference data for the firm. Product Data is critical to the front to back sales and trading, operations, finance, risk and regulatory business processes. We operate as a professional data company with teams serving specific data groups (e.g. Listed Derivatives, Cash Equity).
Product Reference Data Services is expanding the team in Baltimore to further develop its global teams located in Baltimore, Mumbai, London, and Chennai. The candidate will be a member of the global Product Reference Data Services team interacting with trading desks, operations teams, production management teams, business analysts and IT development teams from Morgan Stanley's various business areas.
The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of Product data for the firm. The candidate will report to the Product Reference Data Services team leader in Baltimore and have diverse responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Identifying, defining and coordinating development of rules to monitor the data quality of securities reference data (incl. equities, listed derivatives and fixed-income products and pricing) against external data providers (incl. Bloomberg and Reuters) and direct exchange feeds.
- Acquiring an intricate knowledge of the Firm's product data, flow of the data in the firm systems, impact of poor quality data, building the ability to understand the wider environment and question data integrity.
- Root-cause analysis of data quality exceptions to determine trends in the data, identify inaccuracies in external data providers' feeds and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail and a readiness to escalate issues with a sense of urgency are of importance.
- Escalation of potential/current risks. Qualifications:
- Finance Graduate (B.Com/M.Com/MBA in Finance/Equivalent Degree in Finance).
- Some understanding of financial services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to quickly digest new information and learn new businesses and processes.
- Result-focused mindset.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to Technical Skills (sql, database, macros,etc)