Trading Operations Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
This is an associate role in Fixed Income Operations. We provide operational coverage to the trading, underwriting and structuring of securities executed in Fixed Income. This includes the trade capture, reconciliation, documentation and settlement of proprietary and liquidity transactions executed by various trading desks. The essential focus of this team is to ensure all operational risks are recognized and managed and that internal controls are complete and operating effectively. Products supported include: Securitized Products, Mortgage and Asset Backed Securities, and TBA's.
The Analyst/Associate role will be an integral part of managing risk for the fixed income operations group on a daily basis. This position will include:
- Understands risk implications of fixed income operations role
- Ensures all functions and procedures are performed in a timely and correct manner, i.e. trade checkout, position reconciliation, wash account reconciliation
- Work with trading desk, sales, and other operations group to ensure trade processing
- Cross-training with other team members
- Assist on any issues, and provides timely escalation to desk and operations management. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong communication skills, willingness to transfer knowledge is imperative
- Team player, must be able to collaborate across multiple operational areas
- Multi-Tasking and time management skills are critical
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior management and to trading desk(s)
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Work well in a time sensitive environment
- Self-starter, who is willing to ask questions