Treasury Capital Markets Control
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 Oct 18
Treasury Capital Markets Control
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including
corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
As a member of Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) Controllers Team, this individual will be responsible for producing daily P&L associated with the firm's TCM business activities, such as long term debt, liquidity investments, which includes Overnight Deposits, Securities Pools, Cash, Investment portfolio. Additionally this individual will be responsible for allocating the firm's expenses to the BU's and be the ultimate check in the TCM business process flow to ensure that everything within TCM has been allocated. The candidate will also have regular and direct interactions with Business Resource Management, Operations, Financial Control Group, IT, and other groups within the Firm.
- Oversee daily reporting of the Treasury P&L for a wide variety of Treasury managed products. Reconciliation and review of Treasury Daily P&L, including commentary on the drivers.
- Coordination with global counterparts and other controllers to validate daily reported P&L. Validation of any currency exposure arising from daily P&L movements.
- Oversee preparation of daily P&L allocation to BU's as well as TCM consolidated P&L reporting; ensure TCM P&L is appropriately allocated;
-Prepare weekly balance sheet reporting; provide ad hoc support for TCM reporting and analytics team for production related inquiry
- Provide ongoing TCM account maintenance and support
- Oversee month-end reconciliations; ensure book agrees to sub-ledger supports; sign off as month end reviewer
- Prepare monthly commentary on balance sheet movement
- Daily interaction with Operations, IT, and other key finance groups (Management Reporting, Balance Sheet Reporting, etc.); frequent interaction with global Treasury Capital Markets controller teams as needed
- Ad-hoc projects that involve collaboration with Corporate Treasury, IT, and Controllers (Treasury & BU) globally to optimize efficiency by improving systems and processes
- 5 to 7 years financial industry experiences required
- Fixed Income and/or Capital Markets Controls experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills required, proficiency with Powerpoint, and database skills a plus
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; problem solving skills
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment to meet deadline