Wealth Management Compliance Branch Examiner
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm's businesses.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong candidate for its Wealth Management Branch Examination team. The individual will be responsible for the oversight and independent execution of examinations in retail branch locations. Candidates will be expected to:
- Conduct retail branch office inspections utilizing a risk based testing methodology. The process includes obtaining background information, determining sample selection criteria, conducting testing of samples selected in accordance with departmental procedures, a physical inspection of the branch, a review of various reports and other documents maintained at the branch, interviewing financial advisors, support staff and branch management.
- Use expertise and judgment to assess testing results and the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment in the branch. Communicate identified business risks and policy violations to the local management team and devise appropriate corrective action plans to assist with the remediation of noted issues.
- Conduct meetings with branch management to discuss preliminary findings, root cause of noted issues, and obtain formal management responses to exam findings. Verify and validate the completion of the recommended corrective action plans.
- Work with colleagues and branch examination management to determine whether a branch office is in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as Firm policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple examinations and projects simultaneously.
- Stay up to date with industry and regulatory changes.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry
- Prior examination or testing experience a plus
- Ability to interact with diverse teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to work and make independent decisions associated with Compliance testing protocols
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, high energy individual
- Ability to multi-task
- Domestic travel approximately 30 to 40% required
3-5 years Financial Services Industry Experience
Compliance testing experience a plus
FINRA licenses a plus #LI-JJ1