Wealth Management Compliance Regional Monitoring Officer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm's businesses.
The candidate will join Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's Compliance Department as a member of the Monitoring and Data Analytics Compliance team. The Monitoring and Data Analytics Compliance team acts in an oversight capacity and as a second line of defense where Regional Monitoring Officers (RMOs) conduct transactional and other monitoring reviews using a variety of exception reports and automated surveillance system alerts to identify account and/or Financial Advisor activity that may be indicative of unusual conduct, trading patterns, or potential violations of law, regulations, or internal policies.
- Independent review, re-performance and trend analysis of accounts, clients and Financial Advisors identified by supervisory alerts as warranting additional review for potential sales practice and suitability concerns.
- Recommend corrective action plans to rectify substantial sales practice and suitability issues identified through re-performance.
- Provide advice and guidance on Compliance policies, securities regulations and suitability issues to the Complex and Regional Risk Officers.
- Develop and conduct training on supervisory reviews and other Compliance related issues for Complex and Regional Risk Officers.
- Identify Complex/Regional issues through the analysis and assessment of metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and other tools.
- Evaluate trading activity for clients and Financial Advisors in order to identify potential insider trading and/or market manipulation.
- Be able to identify, escalate and act upon significant risks/themes identified through the course of monitoring.
- 3+ years in Compliance, Legal or Risk in the securities industry.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of sales practice and suitability concerns around retail products.
- Extensive knowledge of Futures, Annuities, Structured Investments, Alternative Investments, Fixed Income, Equities, Options, Unit Investment Trusts and Mutual Funds.
- Ability to exercise discretion and make decisions independently.
- Proven ability to take ideas forward and to challenge others with integrity and maturity.
- Ability to thoroughly investigate and resolve issues independently.
- Ability to identify issues and trends in order to provide recommended comprehensive solutions and remedies.
- Ability to see an assignment through from conception through completion.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- A strong focus on the mechanics of a control environment including escalation and remediation of sales practice/suitability issues.
- Series 7, 24 or 9/10 preferred but not required. #LI-JJ1