Life Sciences Principal
- Bethesda, MD, USA Bethesda MD US
- Permanent, Full time
- Northpond Ventures
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
Northpond Ventures is a science-driven venture capital ﬁrm headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland Our mission is to build a better tomorrow. Our investments are focused on life sciences, technology, and aﬃliated industries. We have $500 million committed capital and typically lead ﬁnancings and take board seats. A small team (by design), we are looking for A/A+ players who want to make a strong contribution to scientiﬁc innovation and humanity. We are at the intersection of science, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Some of our team attributes include: excellence, teamwork, partnership, positivity/optimism, courage, and humility.
In addition to a belief in our above mission and team attributes, a PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Bioengineering from a leading academic program is a requirement for applicants. All applicants must also reside in the DC area or be willing to relocate.
Northpond Ventures is seeking a motivated and dynamic Life Sciences Principal to join our team. Ideal candidate has a strong science background with relevant commercial experience in corporate, startup, or venture environments. Key aspects of the role include:
- Origination: Includes attending key industry conferences and events to originate deals
- Sourcing: Source specific deals and interface with management/other key ecosystem players
- Diligence: Conduct technical scientific diligence on investment opportunities in diagnostics, life sciences, therapeutics areas
- Support: Business building and company support including quarterly board meetings
This role is located in Bethesda, MD (DC area), with travel 25-50% of time.
- PhD from leading program in biochemistry, molecular biology or bioengineering
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Scientific expertise for leading edge diligence in areas of diagnostics, life sciences, therapeutics
- Team-oriented and ecosystem oriented
- Ability to execute and close individual deals in a manner consistent with Northpond's deal approach
- Long-term oriented with a strong passion and pursuit of our mission
- A passion for business/business building/investing, with natural business instincts and judgment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to both prioritize and handle multiple priorities at once
- High degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation and the ability to work collaboratively and eﬀectively as part of a team
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, and agility to meet the growing needs of our startup VC
If you wish to apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email. We oﬀer competitive salaries and generous beneﬁts.