Systematic Trading Software Engineer
- Chevy Chase, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fort Management
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
FORT LP is seeking a talented and motivated software engineer to join our technology team. The resource will be responsible for architecture design and development of various applications for our automated trading applications that focus on futures and equities markets. The ideal candidate will be a role model and take full ownership of development projects.
FORT is a premier hedge fund in the managed futures space, providing alternative investment advisory services to institutional investors for over two decades. The firm develops and implements proprietary, fully automated, systematic trading strategies. The firm maintains offices located in Chevy Chase, MD and New York, NY and currently has over $5 billion in assets under management.
FORT is currently one of the top 20 managers by assets worldwide in the CTA/Managed Futures space according to CTA Intelligence, an industry publication. One of the firm’s strategies was recently awarded the “Managed Futures (CTA) Long Term Performance (5 years, over $1B) at the HFM US Hedge Fund Performance Awards 2017.
The position would be based out of our corporate office in Chevy Chase, MD. Professionals at FORT have a natural pathway to interact with other departments, allowing for cross-training and a substantial increase in their knowledge of both the firm and the hedge fund industry. At FORT, we encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, out-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, diversity and inclusion. FORT offers a flexible work environment, allowing employees to maintain a good work/life balance. Some of the benefits offered are:
· Attractive compensation and bonus plans
· Company funded SEP IRA contributions
· Four weeks of paid vacation per year plus eight paid floating holidays
· Flex work schedules
· Free snacks, beverages, and caffeine
· Direct access to Red Line metro service
Job Title: Systematic Trading Software Engineer
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
We are seeking a talented and motivated software engineer to join our technology team. You will be responsible for architecture design and development of various applications for our automated trading applications that focus on futures and equities markets. The ideal candidate will be a role model and take full ownership of development projects.
· Design, develop, test and document trading applications to serve our growing hedge fund.
· Become an integral part of our technology team, understand existing business practices and proprietary software systems.
· Work closely with the trade desk to develop new software.
· Execute full lifecycle application development plans to include – requirements gathering and analysis, documentation, software architecture and design, implementation, testing, deployment and production support.
· Ability to read, understand and maintain legacy code bases.
· Analysis of financial and time series data. Data munging and normalization for research and development efforts.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and articulate ideas.
· Team player with the highest standards of integrity, honesty and mutual consideration.
· Strong technical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to think creatively.
· Keen interest in learning latest technologies and software development practices.
Required Education & Experience:
· 5+ years of experience in design and development, documentation and testing of applications
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
· Experience with C#, Java, C++, or other modern object oriented language
· Strong aptitude for design patterns, object oriented principals, complex algorithms and data structures
· Experience in developing multithreaded programs
· Experience with network programming, IP protocols and message buses
· SQL Server or relational database design and development
· Experience in building distributed systems
· Experience in full lifecycle software development and agile development
· Experience in building and supporting highly available, mission critical systematic equities/futures trading systems is desirable
· Experience with S&P Capital IQ Compustat database and Bloomberg API is a big plus.
This job description is not designed to cover or address all duties and responsibilities that may be required of an employee in this position and the duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
FORT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.