Corporate Financial Analyst
- Detroit, MI, USA Detroit MI US
- Permanent, Full time
- Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc.
- 04 Jun 18 2018-06-04
SullivanCotter is the leading independent consulting firm in the assessment and development of performance-based total rewards programs and workforce solutions for the health care industry and not-for-profit sector. For over 25 years, the firm has provided unbiased advice to executives and boards to help attract, retain and motivate executives, physicians, advanced practice providers and employees at all levels. Through the Center for Information, Analytics and Insights, SullivanCotter has developed the most widely recognized compensation surveys in the United States. Combining data-driven intelligence with national insights, we act with integrity to help organizations fulfill their missions, business objectives and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare plans of action using financial analyses.
- Monitor corporate developments by analyzing financial information from company sources.
- Interpret data on trends, economic influences, and other factors.
- Create charts, graphs and pivot tables using Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare monthly scorecards.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Board Reports.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and specialized reports as required.
- Work to develop database queries for regular reporting of key measures.
- Apply mathematical or statistical techniques to address practical issues in finance.
- Collaborate in the development or testing of new analytical software to ensure compliance with user requirements, specifications, or scope.
- Define or recommend model specifications or data collection methods.
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial models; analyze and interpret financial results; and assist with providing data-driven business insights to deliver short- and long-term strategic direction for business units.
- Identify, track, or maintain metrics for system operations.
- Maintain or modify all financial analytic models in use.
- Present oral or written reports on complex data analytics with concise simplicity.
- Administer database information and develop effective queries to mine data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, computer science, statistics, quantitative analysis or equivalent.
- Two years of business-related experience is required, preferably involving management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, and providing financial advice.
- Understanding of financial systems integration and ability to manipulate various reporting platforms.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficiency in Access.
- Experience in SQL queries.
- Familiarity with data extraction and visualization tools, SQL, Oracle and/or other data analytical tools.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Experience working within a consulting or professional service firm is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to:
- Gather, analyze and organize data using a logical and systematic process.
- Ascertain relevant and irrelevant data when conducting analytical work.
- Visualize and articulate problems and concepts in a systematic manner.
- Recognize patterns and issues in sets of data.
- Identify obstacles impeding project progression.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to successfully assist with project deliverables in a very driven and changing organization.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing needs.
- Confidence and ability to work independently, as well as in a team structure.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Capable of working in a group as a strong team player.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Ability to work well with and manage a certain degree of ambiguity.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status). Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.