Sr Data Transformation Analyst
This position is responsible for the process by which IHS Markit receives and processes all inbound data files. Activities include maintaining the file and supplier profile information for each file received, resolving issues that arise during the capture process, and communicating the availability of all the data necessary for downstream processes. Responsibilities include performing analysis of business activities and functions and guiding the subsequent implementation of the improvement activities. Primary Responsibilities
- Oversees and administers the Data Capture process and ensure it is being executed as expected.
- Determines if all data needed for downstream process is available when required.
- Communicates with external data suppliers to ensure that files are received as scheduled and sent in the expected format.
- Serves as a liaison with external data suppliers to understand data changes and ask questions relating to data content.
- Notifies downstream users of missing files as input into run/don't run decision-making.
- Works with suppliers and/or IHS Markit colleagues to maintain supplier and source file information and to define file validation tolerances.
- Manages data suppliers to identify proactively any source file changes (e.g., format, delivery dates, etc.).
- Investigates and resolve problems that occur during the data capture process.
- Manages the evaluation of new data sources and establish processes for the receipt all new data into the system.
- Works closely with the Data Quality and ETL teams to monitor and evaluate the quality of the data received and generate reports as required to analyze and communicate to downstream processes.
- Evaluates requests for specific files or data and identify issues/concerns with the planned use of the data.
- Ensures production processes follow standard operating procedures and identify/update those as needed.
- Proactively researches, reviews, and analyzes existing processes to develop enhancements and improvements for on-going process improvement initiatives.
- Studies and test interaction between systems or processes to take advantage of new and more effective ways of providing needed information.
- Collaborates in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Responds to Ad-Hoc Data Requests.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Global Data Operations Leadership, Global Data Operations Team Members, Production Release Specialists, Production, Sales, Government Relations, Development Factory. Leadership/Supervisory Responsibilities
This position does not supervise anyone. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other analytical degree field with at least four years' experience working within data information field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Basic understanding of electronic file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, and HTTPS.
- Understanding of file decryption and decompression tools and methods.
- Understanding of source file layouts.
- Basic understanding and/or some experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Talend.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of Continuous Process Improvement and Six Sigma techniques.
- Understanding of process flows and business rules.
- Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel, and Access).
- Familiar with Toad for querying databases and creating reports. Ability to write basic SQL statements .
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team.
- Ability to be decisive and take into account consequences of decisions.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Continuous Improvement - consistently looks for better ways to achieve business results; recognizes problems as opportunities for process improvement
- Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; works to ensure customer's needs are understood and met
- Functional/Technical Expertise - demonstrates of a high level of technical and professional skills; takes action to continue to develop areas of expertise
- Integrity and Trust - adheres to ethical set of core values and treat others with fairness and respect; models behaviours that are consistent with stated beliefs/values
- Process Orientated - defines and adheres to a clear set of processes to guide work efforts; uses processes to achieve consistent, high-quality results
- Teamwork - works together to accomplish individual and organizational objectives; collaborates and works well in a team environment
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.