Data Governance Manager - Ameriprise Banking and Cash Solutions (BCS)
Share ownership in establishing and maintaining the Data Governance program, associated business processes and data quality rules. Work with key business partners to align technologies to meet data governance management principles (DAMA). Influence and assist with the strategic roll-out of the Banking and Cash Solutions (BCS) Governance program and act as the primary liaison between BCS, Advice and Wealth Management (AWM) Data Governance, the Technology Organization, and Enterprise Data Governance Office. Responsibilities Responsibilities:
- Lead the BCS Data Governance efforts including elements such as managing the BCS Data Governance policy, ensuring compliance with the established standards and coordinating artifacts to demonstrate adherence
- Play the role of the Data Steward for the complete BCS team. This will include elements such as:
- Compliance: Create and maintain a data layout containing all data elements and their description, review data elements for the identification of Governed Data Elements (GDEs). For GDEs, collect business metadata, monitor owned data for technical and business changes, and raise Change Requests in the Axon Business Glossary
- Data Definition: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) contains accurate and complete information for data governance-related fields and engage with other Data Stewards to ensure consistency of GDE names and definitions within the business glossary
- Data Usage: Be aware of all consumers of owned data and ensure they understand requirements for retaining standards for data in their custody. Monitor data governance compliance for data in others' custody
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the BCS products teams and Enterprise Data Governance teams.
- Understand all OCC related requirements around Data Governance and ensure compliance e.g. Access management. Be the primary contact for all data governance related aspects for OCC
- Manage all data governance projects for BCS e.g. Aveksa access management program, and the Technology assets within the business
- Ensure updates and changes are implemented and promote data governance disciplines and methods to key business stakeholders and the Enterprise.
- Gather and document business requirements to support Data Governance operations and tools. Develop and manage key Data Governance metrics to support Management and Committee reporting. Assist stakeholders with identifying and documenting key data assets used in analysis and reporting. Partner with Audit, Product areas, Technology, and Management to promote and implement the Data Governance road map and DAMA best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
- 5+ Years Relevant Experience
- Minimum of two years of project management/coordination tracking.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in two or more Data Governance utilities: Data quality, metadata management, business glossary, BI dashboards and metrics, and data lineage.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with data lakes and cloud platforms.
- CISA, CISSP, or CDMP.
- Experience with implementing and establishing data governance utilities and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to achieve key objectives.