Director - Actuary
This position leads the design, pricing, and competitive monitoring for the VA product line including the base product and riders (e.g. death benefits, living benefits). Provide technical analysis and support by supervising, developing and enhancing a variety of complex actuarial models, and reviewing work done by team. Manage, prepare, perform and communicate results of financial, risk, and competitive analyses to peers and upper management. Lead complex projects and develop innovative solutions considering the impact of the market and other non-actuarial forces. Serve as the subject matter expert on projects. Responsibilities
- Lead for Variable Annuities Product Development, Pricing, and Competitive Monitoring
- Develop and run pricing models for Variable Annuities including base product and riders (e.g., GMDB, GMWB, etc.)
- Develop other ad-hoc modeling methods and tools for analysis
- Develop expertise on Capital Markets pricing and hedging techniques
- Understand Industry, Regulatory, and Competitive pressures facing the annuity business
- Oversee competitive monitoring and regular updates on key competitor actions for Variable Annuities
- Take leadership roles on group projects including other departments in the organization
- Develop work plans and provide regular updates
- Work with Marketing, LFO, CMS, and Corporate Actuarial
- Conduct and Synthesize complex analysis and produce high level summaries/headlines for leaders
- Produce and maintain methods and procedures for internal model governance and controls
- Responsible for Regulatory Items Including NY Reg 210, NY Self Support (4228), SEC Reasonableness
- Engage in peer reviews and reconciliations within the department and with other areas of the organization as needed
- Lead one actuarial student band 30-32
- Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related disciplines
- FSA, MAAA
About Our Company
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues, influencing customers on recommendations and analysis results.
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.