Director of Advance & Specialty Advice - Remote
Lead a team of advanced financial planning experts to assist advisors in analyzing the financial situation of high net worth clients, develop strategies and make recommendations for advanced advice client cases. Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the firm in complex financial planning areas, such as investing for high net worth individuals, estate planning, sophisticated tax planning, and stock option exercise strategies. Be a leader and advocate of advanced and specialty advice internally, as well as pro-actively promote the Advanced Advice team and support services in order to help grow advisor engagement with target market clients.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor when considering your next career. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
• Develop new business opportunities through speaking at regional field events and attendance at various national top performer recognition events (ie. PWA). Schedule and execute pro-active site visits in order to coordinate with Ameriprise Advisor Group (AAG) and Ameriprise Financial Group (AFG) leaders and advisors to support communication, marketing, and training efforts that promote the Financial Planning Advanced Advice Program.
• Manage specialty advice programs such as Business Financial Planning, Divorce Financial Analysis, Stock Option Analysis, Tax Planning and Flex ADV offerings. Work with internal partners to define business policies in support of the specialty topics. Develop required training and reference materials for use in maintaining high quality and compliant advice.
• Partner with subject matter experts across the firm and outside the firm to continually improve the quality of advice being given to clients. This includes supporting development of new strategies and on-going maintenance of existing processes, tools, and services.
• Generate and communicate results of advanced and specialty advice efforts for use by leaders to demonstrate value to clients and business.
• Provide leadership to team, including establishing goals, conducting one-on-ones, and performance management practices through individual performance plans, periodic reviews and feedback sessions, coaching and development. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
• 7-10 years of relevant experience
• Expert level knowledge in complex financial planning issues. Solid understanding of financial planning process, tools, and compliance.
• Minimum of three (3) or more of the following disciplines: Estate, Tax, Small Business, Retirement, Stock Options.
• Ability to clearly communicate complicated concepts in person and over the phone and email.
• Ability to quickly analyze complex situations and synthesize into easy to understand advice.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others across the organization.
• Ability to design and develop a new service.
• FINRA Series 7, 63/66 and 65/66, or ability to obtain within 90 days Preferred Qualifications
• Masters Degree or equivalent
• JD, CFP or equivalent
• Experience presenting to professionals
• Experience leading a team
If outside of Minneapolis, ability to travel to Minneapolis HQ up to 50% About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.