Ameriprise Financial has a great leadership opportunity for a Director of Reinsurance Administration to join our team! This person will provide leadership of the Reinsurance Administration function for Riversource Life. You will be responsible for accurate and timely processing of reinsurance programs for insurance and disability products while also leading domestic and foreign teams to process monthly premium billings and reinsured claim recoveries, related accounting entries, and ensuring reinsurance admin system processing is operating in compliance with reinsurance treaties. Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for all aspects of reinsurance administration ensuring monthly premium billings and claim recoveries are processed accurately and timely, and related accounting and reporting are performed within a controlled environment.
- Ensure that the reinsurance administration system (TAI) is operating in compliance with various reinsurance treaty terms. This includes ensuring treaty revisions and new product installations are processed accurately and in a well controlled environment.
- Serve as the liaison to all external reinsurers and internal business partners such as reinsurance officer, claims, underwriting and internal/external auditors, fielding and responding to various questions.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to both small domestic and foreign support teams to ensure all aspects of reinsurance administration are performed efficiently and timely.
Preferred Qualifications About Our Company
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- 10+ Years Experience in Reinsurance Administration
- Leadership Experience
- Knowledge of Life and Disability Insurance products
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.