Insurance Regional Vice President - External Wholesaler (Southern California)
The Regional Vice President for Insurance (External wholesaler) is a sales professional with strong relationship building skills, product knowledge and sales experience. Position requires 80% travel and will be virtual based within the territory. Perform as part of a team which includes a wholesaling partner, with a primary responsibility of driving RVS Insurance sales. Position eligible for substantial variable bonus tied to sales. Responsibilities
- Drive sales by developing, maintaining, and deepening relationships with new and existing advisors; influences advisor choices using a consultative sales process and other performance improvement systems (ex. Territory Analysis Program (TAP), Quality Sales Call, etc.). Partner with internal wholesaler to develop a business plan, manage the territory, and drive regional sales goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of RiverSource's products, including features and benefits; sells solutions provided by RiverSource to solve advisor needs. Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners (marketing, senior leaders, field leaders). Research and communicate industry changes and trends that may impact company or product positioning, both with internal and external customers.
- Manage and develop systems to create efficiencies (scheduling/rotations, meeting preparation & follow-up, recognizing advisor sales, budget management, etc.). Prioritize and manage daily, weekly, and monthly workload.
- Use software, including proprietary programs, to research advisor business and identify opportunities to offer RiverSource solutions. Analyze reports to increase understanding of advisor business and identify sales trends; leverage the information to prepare for face-to-face sales calls.
- Travel within territory to conduct one-on-one Ameriprise Financial Advisor sales calls, conduct client events, and to deliver group presentations, including continuing education/training.
- Complete required coursework in order to maintain compliant with state and federal regulations and licenses.
- RVP must live in territory; Ability to travel (75 - 80%).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Requires minimum 10 years of Insurance industry experience.
- 5+ years successful direct selling experience.
- 3+ years wholesaling experience with proven ability to establish rapport and credibility quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills required.
- Series 6, 63 and State Insurance License (Health, Life & Variable) Required.