Locations: Minneapolis, MN or Seattle, WA. The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for leading a team and projects that build new and improve existing technology solutions that supports all aspects of our Investment Operations team: operations, accounting, integration, reporting and more.
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for leading a team and projects that build new and improve existing technology solutions that supports all aspects of our Investment Operations team: operations, accounting, integration, reporting and more.
- Owner of one or more major areas of our system(s)
- Act as the technical lead on new and ongoing development projects
- Mentoring new or less senior developers and directly managing other developers
- Work closely with the business unit and other team members to understand and document requirements
- Provide flexible solutions to complex business problems using our technology practices
- Design and develop business tier components
- Design and develop relational database models
- Design and develop interactive web-based user interfaces
- Design and develop integration solutions with 3rd party data providers and systems
- Create unit/integration/functional tests
- Contribute to evolution of our architecture to make it more flexible and easy to use
- Follow our development process and guidelines
- Conduct code reviews of other developers
- Follow technology trends/tools and recommend improvements to our technology when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related area of study OR equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of hands-on Java/J2EE and/or C# design and development experience. Extensive Java and C# experience is highly desired.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of developers.
- AWS experience is highly desired.
- Experience managing all aspects of a technical project with a proven track record of delivering well architected and well written software solutions.
- Solid understanding of core language features and how to use them properly (interfaces, generics, annotations, reflection, closures, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of major open source projects including Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience building highly interactive web-based user interfaces using HTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, JSON (knowledge of ExtJS is a plus).
- Proven experience with test driven development, JUnit, and mocking
- Proficient with version control systems such as GIT or SVN.
- Working experience with agile development.
- Proficient with continuous integration and build tools like Ant or Gradle.
- Deep understanding of SOA, AOP and major design patterns including MVC, DAO, Observer, etc.
- Working experience with major application servers: Tomcat, Weblogic, etc.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and SQL.
- Proven track record of becoming a subject matter expert in areas related to current assignments.
- Effective communication skills with business users and other developers.