Manager-Middle Office Operations
Manage a team that supports the portfolio management and trading functions for all Columbia Threadneedle Investment (CTI) strategies. Ensure all portfolio / accounts are properly set-up on the Trading platforms to support the process of execution, settlement and recording the trades on the accounting systems. In addition to portfolio set-up and maintenance, this position offers a variety of other tasks and responsibilities; corporate action processing, trade position reconciliation, class action processing and extensive project work. Responsibilities
- Directly manage a team or teams to resolve complex problems and ease workloads during periods of peak volume. May provide input to more senior management regarding staffing and pay decision-making processes.
- Lead teams of operations staff who work with CTI strategies and products that involve non-standard trade processing, clearance, and documentation (e.g. derivatives).
- Provide training to staff on new and complex initiatives.
- Effectively represent the department and collaborate with internal business partners on corporate-wide projects, as well as operational issues.
- Lead and coach direct reports on developmental goals, leadership skills and career progression, and effectively manage employee performance.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) work experience.
- 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Relevant industry and work experience in an Investment Operations (Middle Office) Department.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to deal effectively with internal business partners.
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented.
About Our Company
- Experience with Investment Accounts (Mutual Funds, Institutional, Separately Managed, Hedge, etc).
- Investment Security knowledge (Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives, etc).
- Middle Office industry experience supporting Front Office / Trading, Settlements and Trade Processing.
- Experience working with Investment Platforms: Aladdin, Long View and several Accounting systems.
- Proficient technical skills in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Access, and Word).
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.