What is the opportunity?
As a Portfolio Analyst with RBC Wealth Management you will act as a primary internal investment advisory support for managed solutions at RBC Wealth Management. The team supports client-facing professionals and key internal partners in promoting managed solutions (exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, managed accounts, multi-asset solutions, model portfolios, and liquid alternative investments) by offering expert investment advice and support related to portfolio reviews, investment strategy, product selection, and portfolio construction. This role aligns directly to the firm's overall business strategy of growing advisory assets and helps to ensure RBC WM remains competitive in providing expert advice on managed solutions to affluent, high net worth, and ultra-high net worth clients. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Work collaboratively with client-facing professionals, offering product expertise and guidance regarding investment strategy (asset allocation), investment selection (product recommendations), and portfolio construction using managed investments and discretionary portfolios.
- Produce frequent thought leadership that helps to inform and educate advisors on industry trends, investment themes, and timely portfolio construction ideas.
- Participate on conference calls, WebEx and in-person meetings with RBC financial advisors and clients.
- Develop relationships with internal / external partners that will enhance advice provided and drive growth in program assets and assist business leaders with the competitive recruiting process by providing transition analysis and participating in recruit meetings.
- Support the RBC Discretionary Portfolios by sustaining an elevated level of investment knowledge on the product suite, leveraging the expertise and insights of internal research teams and investment committees.
- Promote the Portfolio Blueprint framework and multi-asset portfolios via internal education, training, and marketing campaigns / events.
- Contribute thought leadership, specifically related to portfolio construction best practices and insights in support of Portfolio Blueprint.
- Actively participate in regular and ad-hoc portfolio management meetings to provide perspective of the current advisor and client market environment.
- Bachelor's degree with preferred concentration in accounting, business, economics, finance, math, and/or international studies with a minimum of 3 years securities or financial markets experience.
- Securities industry licenses 7 and 63 and 65 (or series 66) within 180 days.
- In-depth knowledge of exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, managed accounts and liquid alternative investments.
- Deep understanding of portfolio management concepts and investment management responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including developed presentation skills with the ability to influence and persuade colleagues and advisors across the organization.
- Proficient in use of MS Office products, as well as key analytical tools - Morningstar, PSN, FactSet, etc.
What's in it for you?
- Willingness to pursue CFA®, CFP©, CIMA© or other professional designation opportunities.
- 5 years or more of securities or financial markets experience.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth