Project Manager - Risk & Strategic Initiatives
- Not Specified
- Minneapolis, MN, USA Minneapolis MN US
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 10 Aug 18 2018-08-10
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success! General Description This role will provide project
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
This role will provide project management support and leadership for risk mitigation initiatives. The position will work closely with the Director of Risk Management on all aspects of the enterprise-wide risk management program. Responsibilities include helping develop new methods for identifying, assessing, measuring, and managing risk throughout the organization. The analyst will work closely with a variety of individuals from across the organization and will be required to take leadership roles in managing these ad hoc groups. The position does not require formal management experience, but does need someone to demonstrate creative leadership through a proven pattern of developing new and effective organizations in their career or educational experiences.
- Investigate and document sources of internal and external risk to the enterprise.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance and expansion of the firm’s risk procedure documentation, including validation and editing materials.
- Manage and/or support strategic projects, especially around risk mitigation. These projects will vary in scope and duration from small group projects lasting a few weeks to multi-year, firm-wide initiatives and will require the ability to lead and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Communicate effectively - both verbally and written - to peers and business partners.
- Demonstrate strong questioning and listening skills and the ability to look beyond obvious answers to understand impacts.
- Interview business counterparts to effectively draw out and articulate the business need/problem/ opportunity to be addressed. Gather and analyze risk management and business requirements.
- Quickly develop sufficient expertise in areas that were previously unknown.
- Work with Director – Risk Management and Strategic Initiatives to influence long term and strategic decision-making; the ability to see the big picture and prioritize among many competing goals is essential.
- Develop a portfolio of specialized responsibilities that connect risk management to new parts of the firm.
- After demonstrating successful project leadership, provide mentorship and guidance to other employees engaged in ad hoc project assignments.
- Maintain a project calendar and report on outcomes.
- Cross-train with our risk reporting analyst to provide continuous risk monitoring to the firm. Build dash board reporting as required and where project expertise will assist with the build.
- Bachelor’s degree; finance major preferred
- 4 - 6 years of work experience as a project manager, business analyst, risk analyst, or financial analyst, preferably in the investment management industry
- Strong project management, communication, and conflict management skills; debate experience a plus
- Ability to lead and direct others to achieve measurable results; must be able to influence without authority
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Atlassian Confluence, and WebEx a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a changing environment and under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Experience with process development and improvement
- Excellent attention to detail and must be well organized, proactive, reliable, timely, and self-managing
- Comfort with quantitative analysis and financial reporting preferred
- Knowledge of derivative investment vehicles preferred; knowledge of agile work strategies a plus
Parametric is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Parametric also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Parametric, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Parametric, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Investing entails risks and there can be no assurance that Parametric (and its affiliates) will achieve profits or avoid incurring losses. All investments are subject to potential loss of principal. Parametric does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Please refer to the disclosure page for important information about investments and risks.