Risk Management Manager
Provide operational and/or financial risk management by leading the organization in critical risk control development and day-to-day risk oversight for assigned product lines. Provide project support and lead process reviews identifying risk and developing solutions while maintaining regulatory and supervisory controls. Serve as escalation point of contact/ risk liaison to ensure appropriate information exchange and to drive forward risk reducing recommendations and actions. Responsibilities
- Facilitate alignment, resolve escalated issues and provide a point of contact for business and external senior leaders for assigned product lines. Identify opportunities and recommend solutions to mitigate current and future business risk. Provide expertise to other areas for enhancement and implementation of Self -Monitoring plans.
- Ensure regulatory and supervisory controls are in place for products and processes by acting as a point of contact for internal, external business partners. Direct and guide initiatives by validating applicable SEC or FINRA rules to business processes and enhancing processes or documentation as necessary. Lead operational and regulatory audits.
- Review reports illustrating risk parameters and metrics associated with business lines. Develop and enhance risk measurement policies, procedures and metrics. Enhance risk reporting with new ideas gathered from research, best practices and knowledge. Initiate and/or conduct Risk Assessments across business.
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong ability to lead, partner, and influence across all leadership levels
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, either through direct leadership or coaching/mentoring roles
- Ability to drive results and meet deadlines to reduce risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.