Senior Business Analyst - Advisory Platform Management
The Senior Business Analyst position will be part of the Advisory Platform Management team within the
Ameriprise Wealth Management Solutions (WMS) group and will be responsible for providing operational and analytical support to the team along with cross organizational business partners. This position will support new "run the business" initiatives as well as provide day to day support for product analytics, reporting, SOX auditing, product self-monitoring, marketing material production and Advisory programs operational oversight. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Analyze highly complex business issues by incorporating product and industry knowledge, mathematical, statistical, and modeling expertise, and sound analytical processes.
• Manage, prioritize, and execute operational product line requests for trending, one-off reporting requests and researching sales data reporting anomalies.
• Present results of analyses and/or recommendations to business managers, utility partners, and at times external partners. Communicate action plans and priorities to appropriate partners.
• Query numerous, disparate data sources and create accurate reports for results measurement, reporting or management decision making. Reports may be of routine nature or may be requested on an ad hoc basis as part of a larger project or special business concern.
• Evaluate existing processes to identify opportunities for automation and efficiency gains.
• Represent the Advisory organization as an analyst and subject matter expert on small to medium development efforts; driving program agendas, facilitating conflict resolution and designing solutions.
• Manage multiple relationships across the organization and act as liaison among business leaders, staff, and utility functions to gather information and share best practices, and to ensure initiatives are executed appropriately. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of relevant experience preferably in the financial services industry
• Detail oriented with proven organizational skills, including managing multiple tasks
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with expertise functioning at an intermediate to
advanced level using features in Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Ability to communicate effectively on analysis recommendations and results and establish strong
relationships across the organization
• Self-motivated and highly responsive in supporting business processes in a fast-paced, changing
• Quick and independent learner capable of adapting to new technology and processes Preferred Qualifications
• Financial Services industry experience
• Ameriprise Field/Advisor experience or familiarity with the Ameriprise field sales force
• Knowledge of Advisory product platform solutions
• Service and Operational process knowledge for Advisory solutions
• Proficient knowledge and familiarity with Ameriprise Brokerage applications About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.