Ameriprise Technology is a team of professionals who provide Technology solutions across the company. This includes corporate computing, network infra
Ameriprise Technology is a team of professionals who provide Technology solutions across the company. This includes corporate computing, network infrastructure solutions and security for the entire firm. Being part of our team also means partnering across the business to enable technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for clients, advisors, and employees. Our mission is to create technology that is reliable, simple, integrated and secure. We provide the tools, resources and support to help you forge a career that delivers more of what you want: recognition, rewards and work that makes a difference.
Develop and manage road maps and technical designs, govern implementations and ensure ongoing application health by applying a broad understanding of all areas of architectural domains (data, infrastructure, applications and security). Expertise will be applied to highly complex and/or broad scale projects in a general area or focused in a specific technical area (e.g. Data, Solutions or Technology Architecture). Translate business needs into technical solutions by planning, developing and refining to-be architectures.
Major areas of accountability:
- Strategy/Road Map Development ~~ Design ~~ Risk Assessment ~~ Practice Leadership ~~ Governance
- Deep technical experience in the following areas: - Public and private cloud adoption including net new deployments and application migrations - Container deployment, runtime and orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS/ECS, Mesosphere DC/OS) - Application and web server products such as Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, JBOSS, IIS, Elastic Beanstalk, etc. - Application development and delivery pipelines, and associated DevSecOps practices
- Develop current to future state architecture road maps. Align and promote enterprise technology (data, infrastructure, applications and security) principles and strategy. Contribute to and author application and capability strategies. Establish, maintain and apply architecture standards, disciplines and principles.
- Use appropriate design techniques and methodologies to translate project requirements into detailed designs, consistent with platform strategy and road map. Design external system interface architecture that includes appropriate application of techniques and standards. Determine integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, security and business/functional requirements.
- Create effective and efficient control patterns, conduct risk evaluations, and enforce policies and standards to enable the enterprise to conduct business at an appropriate level of risk. Research and recommend technology to improve current systems. Ensure capabilities are reviewed and compliant with appropriate levels of risk respective to hardware/software currency, performance/availability, security and information/transaction integrity and drive the awareness of required improvements.
- Maintain deep expertise in architectural modeling, frameworks, emerging technologies, and best practices. Mentor and develop less experienced technical staff. Provide technical leadership in both business-as-usual and crisis conditions. Recommend new procedures and processes to drive desired results on diverse projects. Perform industry research with external parties and maintain networks amongst peers.
- Develop and communicate governance parameters that take into account stakeholders' interests and processes with measurable results. Partner with other architects to ensure alignment and integration across portfolio boundaries and promote an enterprise focus on applications management. Develop and build strong relationships within and across the lines of business and use effective communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic application architecture objectives.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field; or related work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Broad experience across architecture practices (data, infrastructure, applications and security) with depth of experience in at least one area.
- Knowledge of Enterprise-wide architecture and ability to 'see the big picture' and how it affects current and future technologies.
- Internal/External consulting experience that spans organizational boundaries and includes influencing technology and business leaders.
- Depth of experience in the architecture, design, implementation and support of complex enterprise solutions.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and process improvements.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or similar
- Significant business knowledge and have one or more areas of concentrated technical expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to explain highly technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams.