Senior Financial Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Join RBC Wealth Management, a Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal top place to work, and shape RBC's future! As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will serve as a strategic partner to business leaders in the planning, analysis, and ongoing measurement of financial and non-financial objectives and results. You will interpret financial information and provide actionable information to management to increase transparency, implement change, and achieve cost savings. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Work with other Finance teams and internal customers to provide decision support for investments, new applications, products, data tools, vendor contracts, and headcount decisions.
- Develop financial models for cost and benefit analysis, scenarios, and metrics tracking. Lead project meetings.
- Prepare senior management presentations, develop and enhance financial reports to business leaders, with an in-depth understanding of the business and industry and key drivers impacting results.
- Prepare and present quarterly forecasts and annual budget for areas supported, including corporate templates and executive presentations. Monitor spending within the support departments to understand variances against budget.
- Monthly accounting close process and allocation journal entries. Work closely with Financial Control group to understand/improve accounting procedures and practices related to revenue booking, expense accruals, and balances reconciliation. Understand and enhance existing databases for costing models and allocation entries.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting with 5 years of experience in financial analysis, reporting, modeling or related function.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills. Demonstrated advanced experience with Excel and/or Access.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels.
- Highly organized with effective time/project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and function independently while being part of a team
What's in it for you?
- Experience with MS Access, Smart View, EPM, Macros is a plus
- Prior experience within financial services and experience with the annual planning process
- Experience in preparing presentations for senior management
- Advanced degree such as an MBA
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
WMUS2020 Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .