Senior Manager, Strategic Insights
This individual will have the opportunity to lead the secondary research practice for Ameriprise Financial. The role will drive value for the organization by proactively and reactively identifying key trends in financial services, amongst consumers and within the advisor force. It is part of a dynamic, high performing team that has significant influence on the organization. Responsibilities
• Curate relevant insights and understand how they apply to various parts of the organization. Effectively communicate insights in a way that reinforces existing strategies; identifies gaps, opportunities and strengths; spurs new thinking; and/or challenges the organization to see things from a new perspective.
• Act as a consultant for business partners: deliver research-based recommendations to guide business decision-making on key initiatives. Support their understanding and interpretation of research, and ability to leverage within their own programs.
• Lead relationship with external research vendors. Keep them apprised of key initiatives at Ameriprise, gain deep understanding of available research, develop relationships with key contacts, and identify opportunities to drive more value from the relationship.
• Monitor the external research environment: Identify, vet and track potential new partners.
• Support primary research by gathering and synthesizing available knowledge on a given topic via our secondary research partners.
• Own robust insights tracking: Create the means to easily access our strongest insights on key topics, maintain our master database to track usage and support effective program evaluation and decision making, identify any topical insight gaps.
• Co-lead efforts to revamp existing SharePoint site to enable team members and business partners to more easily, quickly and accurately identify the best insights for a given topic.
• Act as research subject matter expert on the Ameriprise thought leadership team: Contribute topic ideas based on trends seen in secondary research spaces, vet topic ideas to proactively identify any methodological challenges / methodological feasibility, ensure topic is directionally aligned with our consumer target market, contribute to development and shaping of questionnaire, and interpret results.
• Lead procurement, vendor risk assessment, and budget tracking efforts for secondary program vendors.
• Provide support to other team projects and initiatives, as needed. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
• Strong strategic, analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills to analyze data and develop compelling solutions and/or recommendations.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences in an understandable and engaging way (written and oral communication).
• Strong relationship building skills: this will include ability to navigate a complex organization and work with a wide range of internal partners as well as external partners.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Technical expertise in market and survey research, qualitative and quantitative research, questionnaire design, and statistics. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in Applied Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, Market Research, Information Sciences, Marketing, Business or equivalent.
• Genuine curiosity about and interest in the financial services sector.