Monitor client accounts for House Calls, Federal Calls & Day Trading Calls, reducing market risk and volatility. Review accounts for FINRA violation & related issues which include Liquidation, 90 Day trade, & Free Riding. Reduce outstanding, non-trade & trade related debt. Effectively communicate & respond to advisors/clients. Ensure comprehensive & seamless operations for all transaction requests with minimal direction. Work with business partners to research & resolve issues in an accurate & timely manner. Interact with Compliance/Risk to monitor guidelines, regulatory policies, procedures & trade corrections. Responsibilities
- Initiate, review and manage exceptions to the firm's current margin policy. Perform daily margin processes, managing margin calls, exception reports, option expiration reports and monitoring accounts for accuracy and sufficient collateral. Review and maintain the accuracy of customer margin account records of securities purchased creating REG-T, House and FINRA calls. File extensions with FINRA on open unsettled trades.
- Review and approve client requests for payments or transfer of assets within AMPF and/or transfer of assets to other financial organizations where clients have Margin/Options. Ensure that all customer accounts with outstanding regulatory exceptions are brought into compliance regarding retention house requirements, FINRA 4210, and Regulation-T.
- Take action on at-risk accounts for reasons relating to firm policy, market conditions or individual account behavior. Monitoring and oversight of client margin accounts for trading and concentration risk. Support customer service in identifying, managing and resolving client margin account issues; supplement customer interaction with specific recommendations and explanations
- Respond to advisors or internal business partners related to, but not limited to, cash available, buying power, option calculations, margin day trading, trade through violations and disbursement approvals. Interact with the advisors and/or internal business partners regarding the remediation of margin accounts requiring action due to down market exposures creating House and FINRA calls and deficit equity.
- Escalate risk related issue to leadership timely. Execute on various risk-based models at the client account level and market risk factors.
- Analyze accounts with credit and risk issues associated with risky trading strategies and issue maintenance calls on accounts that fall below minimum margin requirements.
- Education: High school or GED
- 1 to 3 years relevant experience required
- Post-secondary education and relevant work experience may be interchanged to meet the combined total years of minimum required qualifications for
- education and experience
- Previous operations, processing, or customer service experience.
- Strong problems solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven transaction-based environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of company and industry regulatory requirements.
- Excellent teamwork and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment with great attention to detail, while achieving a high degree of accuracy.
About Our Company
- Ability to understand and communicate complex issues.
- Margin experience.
- Series 7
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.