- Not Specified
- Minneapolis, MN, USA Minneapolis MN US
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 10 Aug 18 2018-08-10
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success! General Description The Software Engineer will be
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Software Engineer will be responsible for design, development, and integration of various technology solutions including development of our proprietary Investment Management System that supports all aspects of our business: advanced rule-based portfolio analytics, trading, operations, accounting, compliance, client management, integration, reporting and more.
- Work closely with the business unit and other team members to understand and document requirements
- Provide flexible solutions to complex business problems using our technology practices
- Design and develop business tier components
- Design and develop relational database models
- Design and develop interactive web-based user interfaces
- Design and develop integration solutions with 3rd party data providers and systems
- Create unit/integration/functional tests
- Contribute to evolution of our architecture to make it more flexible and easy to use
- Follow our development process and guidelines
- Conduct code reviews of other developers
- Follow technology trends/tools and recommend improvements to our technology when appropriate
- 2+ years of hands-on Java/J2EE design and development experience
- Understanding of core language features and how to use them properly (interfaces, generics, annotations, reflection, closures, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of major open source projects including Spring and Hibernate
- Experience building highly interactive web-based user interfaces using HTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, JSON (knowledge of ExtJS is a plus)
- Experience with test driven development, JUnit, and mocking
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GIT or SVN
- Working experience with agile development
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools like Ant or Gradle
- Understanding of SOA, AOP and major design patterns including MVC, DAO, Observer, etc.
- Working experience with major application servers: Tomcat, Weblogic, etc.
- Knowledge of RDBMS and SQL
- Effective communication skills with business users and other developers
Parametric is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Parametric also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Parametric, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Parametric, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Investing entails risks and there can be no assurance that Parametric (and its affiliates) will achieve profits or avoid incurring losses. All investments are subject to potential loss of principal. Parametric does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Please refer to the disclosure page for important information about investments and risks.