Regional Company Secretary LATAM
As the Regional Company Secretary for Latin America, you will report directly to the Head of Legal Entity Management & Company Secretarial (based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands) and form part of the Global Company Secretarial Team (based in Amsterdam, Geneva, Mumbai and Singapore).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
You will provide assistance and support at a strategic and operational level to, (i) develop the profile and services of the Global Company Secretariat, (ii) build cross functional relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders and, (iii) make a proactive, added value contribution to a diverse range of corporate projects and shared goals. The role has access to confidential information and to be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate trustworthiness and reliability to treat such information in the way in which it is intended.
You will be responsible for all aspects of company secretarial and associated matters for group companies in LATAM.
C ore duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of the corporate legal administration and compliance for a wide portfolio of group companies in LATAM- such tasks to include:
- Drafting, coordinating and managing the timely and accurate execution of legal and corporate documents (e.g. board/shareholder resolutions, AGMs, powers of attorney, share transfers, proxies, filings with trade registers, intragroup agreements) to ensure that these companies fulfil their legal and statutory obligations under the relevant jurisdiction..
- Managing, supporting and responding to the daily ad hoc requests which are received in the shared Company Secretarial inbox.
- Liaising with and supporting internal group functions (including legal, tax, finance, treasury) as well as external suppliers, professional advisors (audit and legal) and company agents.
- Maintaining statutory registers and minutes books.
- Administrative tasks - the role requires a hands-on approach and a willingness to deal with regular day-to-day administrative tasks, to include but not limited to:
- Overseeing document and record management.
- Filing, managing signatures, correspondence, etc.
- Providing direction, assistance and support in the delivery of company secretarial services to group entities (including joint ventures and entities which are not majority owned by the group), having due regard to internal guidelines, procedures and global regulatory requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with LATAM corporate secretarial practice and relevant company law principles, as well as associated compliance requirements is desirable.
- Experience working with other legal jurisdictionsis desirable
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally gained in a similar in-house role with a multinational company or similar.
- Educated to degree standard, ideally in law or business administration and/or with a relevant professional qualification (eg. ICSA).
- Demonstrable ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced commercial environment, often dealing with senior management and colleagues based worldwide.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with managing a busy workload of changing priorities.
- A practical, 'can do' attitude and ability to produce quick solutions is essential.
- A 'hands-on' approach towards management of day-to-day tasks
- Fluent Spanish and English is essential
- Familiarity with:
1) standard MS Office computer software
2) Blueprint or other entity management software (not essential)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic personality.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.