Exists to drive profitable growth within an office; support a large geography with strong market potential by creating a compelling business plan emphasizing profitable growth through effective management of P&L, implementing sound strategy and growth through advisor acquisition, retention, tenure and productivity; driving revenue and asset growth; effectively prioritizing the opportunities of the site; optimizing resources within the office; effectively managing recruiting pipeline with quality EAR candidates. Responsibilities
• Develop book of business and drive personal practice growth. Generate leads for personal practice. Approach prospects, asking for referrals, approaching natural market, making community connections. Facilitate effective sales meetings, holding workplace/corporate seminars. Lead clients through Financial Planning processes and tools. Service the client: present solutions by analyzing client cases, reviewing service products, business transactions.
• Lead and coach assigned advisors in a small geography or within a large office to increase asset gathering and productivity. Identify teaming opportunities for assigned advisors and where appropriate facilitate partnerships. Assist in the development and training of advisors abilities on core skills of: driving high value client acquisition including referral, implementing a financial planning practice, driving sales implementation with clients.
• Ensure assigned advisors have consistent systems/tools/support to effectively manage their business within the Ameriprise business model. Implement and manage PMP and PIP for advisors as necessary. Partner with their Branch Manager to drive growth and results for assigned advisors. Focus on strategies to drive advisor retention.
• When necessary provide operational support for the office / assigned advisors. Leverage corporate resources (RSDs, RSMs) to increase advisor competency at delivering the client experience through client acquisition, financial planning, ongoing relationship management and product implementation. Ensure advisors adhere to the firm's policies and procedures and conduct business in ethical manner.
• Active in local community through building COIs, growing personal network, etc. Build centers of influence through FPA, community involvement, industry seminars, etc. Work with leader to target recruits including but not limited to EAR, and advisor practice acquisitions. Understand and clearly articulate Ameriprise value proposition to external candidates.
• Weekly to bi-weekly 1:1s with advisors in branch. Biweekly results review with Complex Director or RVP to review key metrics, high potential advisors, etc. Required Qualifications
• Obtain and maintain appropriate registrations to provide oversight on broker/dealer operations and develop advisor training.
• Active FINRA Series 7
• Active FINRA Series 24, or 9/10
• Active State Securities Agent Registration (S63 or S66)
• Active IAR S65/S66
• Proven success driving organic growth with advisors, proven leadership skills and ability to drive & motivate a large organization to achieve results
• Business planning and strategic management skills
• Excellent compliance record and knowledge of compliance requirements. Preferred Qualifications
High school degree