Financial Accounting Lead Analyst, VP
The Finance Acctg Lead Analyst for U.S. Consumer Real Estate Mortgage is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized partner as authority for accounting processing and reporting. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external parties . Significant impact on the area through complex interaction model and deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts multiple reporting segmentations between legal and management entities. Responsibilities:
- Support oversight functions within the U.S. Mortgage Controllers team, associated with loan portfolio and income/loss activity
- Supports the management and control data flows to and within Finance applications to ensure integrity and completeness of data, including the oversight of financial transactions for legal vehicle and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Review and examine key controls for accounting process across multiple process being handled.
- Focuses on the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Partner with key stakeholders including legal entity managers, business risk team, and Financial Reporting Support Services from across the globe
- Identify and appropriately highlight / escalate potential issues with key stakeholders and management
- Provides assurance and partners with control team to monitor controls and accuracy of accounting.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Public accounting experience, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 6-10 years of accounting experience, finance industry preferred
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Master's degree preferred
Finance Job Family:
Financial Accounting Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting