Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Lead Software Development Engineer
Responsible for architecting and overseeing the development and testing of Authentication and Authorization solutions. Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of these software solutions while adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Provide guidance for Identity and Access Management (IAM) process and procedure improvements, as well as mentoring junior development staff.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Provides consultation for the system development activities of the team including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Identifies gaps in existing authentication and authorization procedures and drives innovation to address those gaps
• Partner with Agile teams in implementation of processes per the evolving needs of the team and the solutions.
• Create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist Product Owner and Scrum Master with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project.
• Gather requirements for RFI/RFP process based on business and governance needs. Active in vendor selection and Proof of Concept phase.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC
• Ensure compliance to the defined standards such as NIST SP 800-63. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the Enterprise. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of documentation throughout the development lifecycle of the solution.
• Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 7 years coding/development experience such as C#, Java, or similar.
• Knowledge of Passwordless authentication such as Federated Single Sign-on, Biometrics, or FIDO
• Experience with UNIX operating systems and Identity as a Service (IDaaS) such as Azure, Okta, Ping or ADFS required; Advanced knowledge of Federation protocols (SAML, Oauth, OpenID, SCIM)
• Familiarity with Cloud Security Alliance and general best practices regarding Cloud Deployment preferred
• XML, HTTP, SOAP, JSP, EJB
• WebSphere preferred
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required
• Agile experience preferred
• Knowledge of Information Security standards and principals
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver global projects working with regional offices.
• Experience with database and DataStorage Environments (Oracle, Postgres, Mainframe, Active Directory/LDAP, Azure Active Directory)
• Scripting - Strong knowledge of Python, Bash
• Cloud Technologies (preferred but not required) - knowledge of any Cloud technology: Foundry (PCF), Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, Docker, and CDNs
• Networking (preferred not required) - Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, BigIP F5
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive
• Must have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze output from logging/monitoring - Solid knowledge of any of the following: Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, Pingdom, and/or ELK
• Exhibit Continuous Integration mindset; enforce CI/CD pipeline
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.