Senior Analyst – GBSC Transaction Monitoring
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Analyst - GBSC Transaction Monitoring
At Mastercard, we are committed to protecting our network from being used to facilitate money laundering or terrorist financing. The Global Anti Money Laundering (AML) Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has implemented a customer monitoring program to meet regulatory obligations, support internal stakeholder investigations and to ensure that external constituents have robust programs in place to meet Mastercard and/or regulatory requirements.
The FIU is responsible for conducting data analysis, alert dispositioning and ad-hoc investigations, through AML typologies and rules as well as from other data sources, to monitor customer behavior and facilitate compliance investigations.
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. The GBSC team will support the FIU in meeting compliance obligations.
Reporting to the Director, GBSC Compliance Services, the Senior Analyst role will be a part of the GBSC, and support the FIU conducting AML related activities as part of the customer monitoring and investigation process. Working under general supervision, this role will leverage analytical reasoning skills to draw conclusions, and resolve moderately complex research, root cause analysis, assessment of risk factors or other assigned compliance activities.
• Conduct AML transaction monitoring and ad-hoc investigations and research, through data mining and in depth analysis
• Utilize Mastercard resources to perform accurate data queries: i.e. system software, reports, data warehouse tables, and system applications
• Develop SQL or similar scripts, which are used to retrieve and manipulate data in a relational database
• Develop models and reports by analyzing complex data sets using advanced querying, visualization and analytic tools
• Develop processes to sort through large datasets, identifying behavioral data patterns and relationships
• Utilize data mining tools to retrieve data for reporting
• Summarize and document data analysis activity patterns and trends to detect potential red flags
• Maintain a high degree of professional competence in the area of Financial Crimes investigations through self-study, webinars/seminars, professional organizations, and other internal or external training
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor degree required, or the equivalent banking/financial operations, payments industry, risk management or compliance related experience
• Transaction monitoring or data analysis experience required
• Advanced level of knowledge of Excel, PowerPivot, and Microsoft Word required
• Structure Query Language (SQL) or similar programming languages, PowerPoint and Tableau knowledge preferred
• Analytical problem solving and planning skills and the ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work based on current business needs
• Broad understanding of coding concepts and methodologies to link data points
• Ability to write comprehensive factual, concise and detailed reports
• Strong understanding of AML, BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC controls and requirements
• ACAMS Certification preferred
• Ability to proactively manage time and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments to meet target date for deliverables
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines with thorough, accurate and quality work products
• Ability to work independently, follow and execute procedures with limited supervision, work in a fast paced and dynamic environment while handling multiple tasks, and consistently meeting established deadlines
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and in-depth analytical skills
• Ability to monitor and interpret information and make accurate decisions
• Must have persistent follow-up skills
• Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.