Associate General Counsel - Corporate Securities
- St Louis, MO, USA St Louis MO US
- Permanent, Full time
- Edward Jones
- 31 Jul 18 2018-07-31
This position will partner with business groups across the firm to ensure corporate and regulatory filings are properly and timely submitted, as well as provide advice regarding various business entities and corporate governance. It requires an aptitude for continual learning, demonstrate intellectual curiosity by asking questions and connecting work across multiple initiatives, ability to identify and mitigate risks in new and evolving areas of law, as well as proven skills in project management and an ability to influence other firm leaders.
- Responsible for corporate registrations and providing business entity advice. Identify and address all legal requirements and ensuring business entity reports are filed in all 50 states to ensure the firm remains appropriately licensed.
- Review and provide advice for SEC and FINRA filings, including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Form BD, etc.
- Work closely with finance regulatory reporting, including engagement of and representations for external auditors.
- Identify risks and consult with subject matter experts to enable business objectives are met.
- Conduct legal research and communicate the analysis to senior leaders throughout the firm.
- Partner with business areas to bring perspective, create solutions and use judgment to determine next steps.
- Effectively communicate and share information across the organization.
- Manage a work load that is large, diverse and complex.
- Requires J.D. and license to practice law in Missouri or an equivalent state
- Requires 3-5 years of progressive responsibility as an attorney in private practice, in the public sector or in an in-house counsel capacity
- Prior experience with corporate governance / compliance and securities regulation is highly preferred
- Regulatory and industry experience is beneficial
- Accounting or finance undergraduate degree or professional experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex matters
- Sound judgment, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to be proactive and drive matters to conclusion
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Excellent communication skills and decision making ability required
- Strong cross-function collaboration skills
- Commitment to a high level of ethics, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills