Associate General Counsel - Litigation
- St Louis, MO, USA St Louis MO US
- Permanent, Full time
- Edward Jones
- 31 Jul 18 2018-07-31
The opportunity to serve as Associate General Counsel on the litigation team at Edward Jones offers one to leverage all of the skills of a civil litigator who has complex case experience. The role requires an attorney with prior first or second chair trial experience to develop and implement litigation strategy. It is crucial that the candidate have the ability to partner with business owners within the firm to provide advice around emerging and ongoing initiatives. The successful candidate must demonstrate initiative and have the ability to innovate in a dynamic litigation and regulatory environment.
- Manage litigation pending in court and before industry arbitration panels.
- Conduct merits hearings/trials in industry arbitration.
- Develop strategy around and manage complex civil litigation and class actions.
- Manage outside counsel in driving litigation strategy.
- Create and/or improve existing internal litigation processes.
- Formulate and execute effective strategies to reduce risk throughout the firm by educating business partners about pending litigation matters.
- Engage associates and leaders throughout the firm to leverage their subject matter expertise in rendering advice and directing litigation.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and license to practice law in Missouri or a reciprocal state.
- At least 5 years of progressive responsibility as a litigator in private practice, in the public sector or in an in-house counsel capacity.
- Advanced experience handling and managing complex civil litigation is required.
- Experience with representing clients in arbitration is strongly preferred.
- Experience within financial services industry and knowledge of securities law, litigation, and FINRA arbitrations is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory issues in the securities industry, including ones involving the SEC, FINRA and state authorities will be particularly beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and resolve complex matters.
- The ability to lead, delegate and mentor, and the desire to work well with others to achieve common goals.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Sound judgment, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to be proactive and drive matters to conclusion.
- Ability to independently think strategically and to execute tactically.
- Excellent communication skills and decision-making ability.
- Strong cross-function collaboration skills and ability to achieve solutions.
- Commitment to a high level of ethics, professionalism, and confidentiality.