- St Louis, MO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Collegiate Development Group
- 12 Oct 17 2017-10-12
The Financial Analyst will contribute to the company’s success by analyzing income and expense projections, preparation and management of project development budgets, providing financial analyses to support negotiation decisions, and conducting market research. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing due diligence materials and assisting in the preparation of investment memorandum thus must be exceptionally organized and process oriented. This position interfaces heavily with real estate owners, local market brokers and executives, applicants must have dynamic verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal capabilities. The role will be based in CDG’s St. Louis office.
Collegiate Development Group (CDG) is a full-service real estate development company specializing in the development of urban, purpose-built student housing communities across the country. By approaching each step of the development process with passion and attention to detail, we deliver our projects with pride and complete confidence in their quality. As one of the nation’s fastest growing developers of off-campus student housing, we currently have $200+ million under construction and $350+ million in planning.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage with owners, brokers, equity partners, lenders, attorneys, and all other related internal departments, as appropriate.
- Support in the execution, reconciliation, and accounting of ongoing development projects.
- Assist in running the economic analysis models and preparing pro forma projections for determining IRR and sensitivity analyses for development opportunities.
- Preparation and management of development project budgets and development accounting.
- Market investigation of potential acquisitions, competitive properties and local market fundamentals.
- Evaluation and analysis of preliminary investment information received for potential investments.
- Data assembly and market research.
- Assist in preparing and presenting new investment, financing or disposition recommendations and updates on existing investments or portfolio status.
- Ensure that all of the above are carried out in line with Company Values.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business and/or similar field is required.
- 2+ years of previous experience in Banking, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, familiar with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react rapidly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.