AVP - Network Engineer – SRE and Security
Job Description AVP - Network Engineer - SRE and Security Focus Role/Responsibilities
This is a challenging position within the Systems Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 150 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a level 3 role responsible for, designing, optimizing and implementing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever expanding organization. Moody's is moving towards Software Defined networks for voice, video, and data in order to increase the use of collaborative technologies in an effort to improve our competitive advantage. This team is also responsible for deploying WAN optimization technologies to help use its precious bandwidth as efficiently as possible. The job requires a very good understanding of Security, SDN, WAN and LAN technologies. As a member of the Infrastructure as a Service Engineering team you will be responsible for defining hardening standards for Hardware and Software configuration templates along with tracking their patching and lifecycles. This includes HW standards for routers, switches, QOS and WAN optimization. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing and future proofing the infrastructure. This includes the implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner. Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure all network Infrastructure is complaint in accordance with Moody's Security Policy.
- Assist with defining monitoring services and capacity management tools.
- Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment.
- Responsible for network equipment life cycle, version management, patch and vulnerability management.
- Assist the journey to bring the network infrastructure to software defined networks as well as cloud enabled.
- Working with the Sr NE, AVP and VP to evaluate new product roadmaps.
- Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same.
- Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of HW/SW solutions for other IT teams / business groups.
- Provide automation for configuration management and prevent configuration drift across all devices.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans.
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface .
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- Industry knowledge of network hardening tools and services such as CIS and NIST publications, pen testing, tapping, and vulnerability management functions.
- Knowledge of automation techniques and orchestration technologies for network devices (Ansible, Puppet, Cisco Prime).
- Linux/Python/REST API skills are desired.
- Good working knowledge of Software Defined Networks.
- Knowledge of Cisco DNA Center and APIC is desired, but not essential.
- Knowledge of networking in cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions.
- Experience with Ethernet Switching technologies and related IEEE standards (i.e. 802.1d, 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1x, 802.11a/b/g/ac, etc).
- Exposure to IPv6.
- Industry certification in relevant area is a plus
- Minimum 5 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area
- Experience with VPN technologies.
- Knowledge of WAN technologies - especially MPLS.
- Experience with traffic prioritization use QOS, COS, DiffServ.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Understanding of Data Centre technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good Visio and Excel skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand wireshark captures and netflow reporting.
- Cisco routing and switching products (45xx 39xx, 3850, 65xx, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2k).
- Experience with Cisco IOS, NXOS, Wireless technologies.
- Riverbed Steelhead or equivalent WAN optimizer product experience is desired.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.