Analyst, Investment Operations
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
Analyst, Investment Operations
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at http://www.nuveen.com/
Nuveen is seeking an Analyst for the Investment Operations Reconciliation Team. This functionencompasses end-to-end exception managementaccomplished through various systematic, written, and verbal interactions with Accounting Teams, Front Office and Middle Office Teams, as well as Custodian Banks. The primary focus of the position is timely and accurate reconciliation ofaccounts across multiple business lines,maintenance of the overall quality and accuracy of assignedprocesses,and preparation of ad hoc statistical reports.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitor Reconciliation Tool and any associated applications daily to ensure all exceptions are captured
- Ensure cash and positions for respective Funds / Portfolios are reconciled accurately, efficiently and on a timely basis with custodians and other external parties, as well as across multiple internal systems
- Develop a significant level of expertise of the holdings, terms, and transactions of all Funds / Portfolios to provide intuitive and proactive oversight of same
- Upon identifying and analyzing exceptions, ensure necessary, corrective action is assigned to responsible parties, logged, and prioritized for resolution
- Interface with internal and external business teams to identify root cause of exceptions
- Respond to numerous ad hoc requests from internal and external clients for additional information
- Coordinate corrective actions with appropriate teams
- Monitor changes in business processes to ensure Reconciliation Tool and any associated applications are updated accordingly
- Assist in testing updates to Reconciliation Tool and any associated applications
- Support metrics reporting
- Assist with ad hoc requests and other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or Finance with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in financial services operations
- Must possess a working knowledge of investment instruments, i.e., Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, etc.
- Must possess a working knowledge of securities processes, i.e., Corporate Actions and Trade Operations
- Solid problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures
- Detail oriented and extremely thorough - having the confidence to ensure work processes are completed accurately
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products - particularly Excel & Access
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Customer service skills are essential
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.